To protect public health, improve environmental quality and support a sustainable and just agricultural system by building a diverse movement across California to change statewide and local pesticide policies and practices.
CPR works to:
- Eliminate use of the worst pesticides--including those that cause cancer, reproductive harm or acute poisoning.
- Reduce overall use of the remaining pesticides.
- Promote the use of sustainable pest control solutions in our farms, communities, forests, homes and yards.
- Protect people's right-to-know about pesticide use in our neighborhoods, counties and state.
- Build a strong and diverse coalition of organizations and individuals speaking out about the dangers that pesticides pose to public health and the viability of alternatives.
- Increase public understanding of pesticide use and health risks associated with pesticides, and the failure of the state's regulatory system to protect us from these hazards.
- Expand and support a network of grassroots community activists pursuing local pesticide reform in their own regions and mobilizing their communities to push for statewide policy reform.
- Promote the viability of alternatives to pesticides in agricultural, forest and urban settings and oppose genetically engineered pest control applications where they pose unknown effects on health and the environment.